Do you love Bible colouring pages, but you sometimes find them a bit light on the Bible verses?
Adult Bible colouring is a great way to fix your thoughts on the truth of God’s word, while creating something beautiful.
I love everything artsy, but I especially love sitting down with some good music, a cup of tea, and a fresh new adult Bible colouring page (with my good markers, of course).
But personally I’ve found it can be a bit distracting when the verses are plucked out of context and made to suggest something completely different than the actual meaning of the passage.
Think about page that says “I can do all things”, when the context of that passage in Philippians is about contentment no matter your circumstances… Or “be still and know”, when that passage from Psalms is about how God will reign forever, and he will be exalted…
As a discerning believer, you know that ALL of God’s word is useful for teaching, correcting, rebuking and training in righteousness. So why do many adult colouring books only seem to select the “feel good” passages?
As Christians, we don’t only need the rich, meaty truth of the gospel when we’re first saved. We need to hear it, meditate on it, and be transformed by it every day.
There are many uplifting and inspiring passages of Scripture, and dwelling on those passages is a good thing to do.
But God didn’t give us His word to make us feel good and give us a pep talk when we’re down.
The Bible is how God speaks to us. And we should be dwelling on the whole counsel of Scripture, not just a few verses that have been hand-picked because they sound nice.
Because God is using His word to work in us, even when we don’t feel it.
Imagine if you could have Bible colouring, minus the fluff..
Imagine sitting down with your adult Bible colouring book and instead of opening it up to page after page of fluffy platitudes, loosely plucked from the Bible, you see rich and hard-hitting Bible verses.
Imagine that instead of copy-and-pasted computer graphics, you see beautiful, hand-drawn illustrations.
Imagine adding this beautiful creativity and colour to your time with the Lord.
Imagine dwelling on the very words of God, and coming to know and love Him more each day.
It’s with this in mind that I created the adult Bible colouring book, Dwell Richly in Romans.
I hand-drew and lettered each of the 26 colouring pages. The pages take you through the book of Romans, with each verse carefully chosen to build you up, to encourage you, and to increase your love for and knowledge of God.
Some pages are almost completely covered with designs to colour, whereas other pages embrace more white space.
Dwell richly on God’s word to you in Romans as you colour through the book.
Dwell Richly in Romans contains artwork with the following verses:
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…” Romans 1:16
- “…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” Romans 3:23
- “…and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus…” Romans 3:24
- “…we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope…” Romans 5:3-4
- “…and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” Romans 5:5
- “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?” Romans 6:1-2
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
- “For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God’s part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.” Romans 9:14-16
- “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements and how inscrutable his ways!” Romans 11:33
- “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen.” Romans 11:36
- “Do not be conformed to this world, but we transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
- “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” Romans 12:9
- “Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.” Romans 12:11
- “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” Romans 12:12
- “The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then, let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armour of light.” Romans 13:12
- “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.” Romans 13:14
- “For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.” Romans 14:8
- “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness and peace and joy.” Romans 14:17
- “For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through the endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Romans 15:4
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” Romans 15:13
- “Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and thought the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith – to the only wise God be glory forever-more through Jesus Christ! Amen.” Romans 16:25-27
You can buy a printable copy of Dwell Richly in Romans right here in my shop – get your instant download, print off the pages and get colouring right away!
If you prefer the colouring book experience, you can order a hard copy on Amazon.
Q. Who is this colouring book for?
A. I created it in the style known as “adult Bible colouring”, which features more intricate and pattern-based designs (whereas kids’ colouring pages tend to have larger images, with more of a focus on the actual picture). However, I’m sure both kids and adults alike would enjoy colouring these pages.
Q. What is the point of colouring?
A. There are many benefits to colouring (even as an adult) – it’s been shown to help people relax and de-stress. Colouring pages with Bible verses also helps you to fix your mind on God’s word and hide it in your heart. It’s also a great activity you can do quietly with your kids or friends.
Q. What can I do with my finished pages?
A. You can stick up the finished colouring pages around your house to continue dwelling on those verses. If you’re really happy with your colouring job, you might even like to frame a page and hang it up as artwork. These framed colouring pages also make nice gifts. Or why not write a letter to a friend on the back of your coloured picture.
Q. Which Bible translation do you use?
A. I use the ESV Bible translation in all my adult Bible colouring pages.
Want to try before you buy?
Grab a copy of my FREE kids colouring printables right here:
Stay in the loop
Follow my account on Instagram to get sneak peeks of new Bible colouring pages and the latest news.
Read my latest blog posts here.